2020 Family Activities
Celebrate everything chocolate with the whole family. Kids 8 and under enter FREE!
11am – 4pm both Festival Days (Saturday, March 7th & Sunday, March 8th)
For our 16th year, we’ve prepared activities that your littles will love!
Face Painting & Henna Art:
- Create an unforgettable time for your little ones by transforming them into their favorite animals, birds, ferries, or superheroes with the help of amazing artists. Enjoy henna Boutique Body Art, dreamy face painting or floral headbands yourself! Make it a weekend to remember! Available both festival days!
The Ashland Gnomes Chocolate Treasure Hunt – Saturday & Sunday, March 7th & 8th
- To help prepare for the annual Chocolate Festival, the Gnomes of Ashland are reading books that contain stories about chocolate. Get your Map to Gnome and the Chocolate Treasure Key at Treehouse Books located in downtown Ashland. Use it to find the 7 Books that include stories about Chocolate.
- Return to Treehouse with your completed Chocolate Treasure Key and receive a Chocolate Prize! One lucky Grand Prize winner will receive 2 tickets to the Oregon Chocolate Festival 2021 and a gift certificate towards an overnight stay at Ashland Hills Hotel & Suites!
- The hunt will take place all chocolate weekend long in downtown Ashland (March 7 and 8)
Willy Wonka & his silly Oompa Loompas
- Experience the magic and meet Willy Wonka & his silly Oompa Loompas. They will be frolicking all over the chocolate festival, so catch them if you can! Don’t forget to grab the camera and tag @oregonchocolatefestival
Charlie’s Chocolate Kid Dash – Sunday, March 8th
- Dress your littles in the funniest costume and get ready to race in the Charlie’s Chocolate Kid Dash (Sunday, March 8). No need to feel guilty about eating too much chocolate, 5K and 10K Run/Walk options for adults are also available. Race takes place at the Emigrant Lake Recreation Area, just two miles from the festival headquarters.
ScienceWorks Hands-On Museum
- During the chocolate festival weekend, get your future scientists to ScienceWorks Hands-On Museum where many chocolate related activities await! If you’re planning to visit Chocolate Festival on Sunday, March 8, stop by the ScienceWorks booth and participate in science activities on the melting point of different types of chocolate and experiments with food dyes and M&Ms. Sunday, March 8, 11am to 2pm.
- Say cheese! Make your funniest face, grab a goofy prop, and have fun in the Photo Booth.
And of course, don’t forget to taste all the chocolate from our west coast chocolatiers.
Happy 16th Oregon Chocolate Festival! See you soon!